ZOO/AQUARIUM GENERAL HEALTH and DIET HISTORY FORM: FISH
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
If applicable, please provide the following information as to reproductive status.
Diet and Enrichment Information
Instructions for the following questions:
- The “amount” provided must be measured by weight, as obtained using using a gram scale
- For each food item the the total weight of each ingredient fed daily
- All food items will be assumed to be group fed, even if separate feeding location , because of the opportunity for cross-over, and consumed in equal amounts by all animals, unless otherwise specified.
Possible scenarios to troubleshoot:
- Unlabeled cup or scoop: First measure the amount held in that cup/scoop - for example, “½ scoop” may actually
represent a true 1 cup, as measured. Then weigh the volume of diet item held within that container.
- Abstract unit of measure (e.g. “one handful”), take one handful of the item and obtain the gram weight of that
handful 5 days in a row. If different individuals are doing the feeding, make sure that each individual’s handful is
represented. Then calculate the average weight (grams) per handful by summing the gram weights from each of
the 5 days, and diving by 5. Provide that average weight as the “Amount” below.
Describe all brands, product names, amounts, and frequency for ALL commercial foods offered as a part of regular diet.
List all other food items offered as a part of regular diet, including whole prey and produce
- Please provide information on how the food items are prepared (whole vs. chopped vs. steaks vs. filleted, live vs. frozen/thawed, shell on or off, head and tail on off, etc.)
List other food items offered for enrichment and/or daily medication purposes (e.g. training, interactive sessions, educational programs, medication administration etc.).