ZOO/AQUARIUM GENERAL HEALTH and DIET HISTORY FORM: INDIVIDUAL
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
Diet and Enrichment Information
Instructions for the following questions:
- The "amount" provided must be measured by weight, as obtained using a gram scale.
- For each food item provide the TOTAL weight of each ingredient fed daily.
Possible scenarios to troubleshoot:
- Unlabeled cup or scoop: First measure the amount held in that cup/scoop - for example, “½ scoop” may actually
represent a true 1 cup, as measured. Then weigh the volume of diet item held within that container.
- Abstract unit of measure (e.g. “one handful”), take one handful of the item and obtain the gram weight of that
handful 5 days in a row. If different individuals are doing the feeding, make sure that each individual’s handful is
represented. Then calculate the average weight (grams) per handful by summing the gram weights from each of
the 5 days, and diving by 5. Provide that average weight as the “Amount” below.
- Hay/browse: For each type of hay/browse item, use either hook scale or flat platform scale and obtain average
weight over 5 days.
Describe all brands, product names, amounts, and frequency for ALL commercial foods offered as a part of regular diet.
List types of hay and browse offered
Please provide information on how food items are prepared (whole vs. chopped, cooked vs. raw, live vs. frozen/thawed, etc.)
List other food items offered for enrichment purposes (e training, enrichment, educational programs, etc.).
Water and Supplementation Information